Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chapter 3 Sally Ride


Hey Everyone,
After looking over the characteristics needed to be qualified as a good critical thinker, I came to the conclusion that Sally Ride has obtained the quality’s enabling her to be characterized as a good critical thinker. As it says in the text Sally Ride majored in both Physics and English, this first amazed me because these topics are basically north and south of one another, usually someone that is good at physics is not very good at English but that is just from my experience. Physics and English both require someone to be good at problem solving and being able to think out of the box and be creative. Sally Ride also had to have the quality of communication, with working at NASA as an astronaut you need to be able to communicate with your fellow employees enable to complete missions and make sure everyone is on the same page. Overall, to me it is clear that Sally has the quality’s needed to be a good critical thinker since she has proved it through her life with the work that she did.
-Thanks Mike Ross

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on how Sally is a certified critical thinking. She presents all of the criteria that a good critical thinker upholds. Sometimes, I wish I was as effective as Sally Ride when it comes to academics. I usually use my critical thinking skills mainly for academics. However, I am good at communicating with my fellow peers. I believe that a good critical thinker needs to essentially have good communication skills because communication is key for successful businesses. When I think of a good critical thinker, I usually think of successful CEOS and owners like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mikey,

    I think that majoring in two polar subjects is a very difficult thing to do, and I think that you bring up a good point that this is a qualifying factor for her being a good critical thinker. Being a design major, I have had the opportunity to take classes in different departments and majors and it has proven to be extremely challenging. It's hard because you have to think very differently in different roads of academia. Your mind can easily be clouded in one class with things that happened in another and they are not even related.
    -CesarCOMM41

    ReplyDelete