Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nov 4th-11th Question 3


One of the concepts from this week that interested me was the segment about the mass media.  In America, almost every house hold owns a television and if they don’t own a tv, there is some type of electronical device that keeps them connected to the mass media. I am not one of the Americans that spend endless hours watching t.v. so I do not get to see as many commercials as the rest of America. When I hear the term mass media I usually relate it to the television and the internet since they are the main sources that people get their information from.  But with new technology with cell phones people are getting more access from the mass media. From your cellphones alone you can access many of the social media websites such as facebook and twitter. And with the mass media there is also a second form of media called Niche media which is focused on the form of communication geared to narrowly defined audience. Mass media has a huge impact on the world today, and with  the impact it makes on the society it is important to understand the medias tactics.
-Mike Ross

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mike Ross,

    I find it very difficult to not spend endless hours in front of the TV. It is often the reason behind why I procrastinate so much and wait until the last minute to finish assignments and such. As a matter of fact, I could have posted this three hours ago, but now I am racing against a clock because it is almost 12AM and I decided to watch some Everybody Loves Raymond reruns instead. TV gets me in a lot of trouble sometimes and I really don’t appreciate it, but it is a good source of entertainment. I think that because I’m so enticed to watching it, it is easy to hook me when it comes to advertisements.

    -CesarCOMM41

    ReplyDelete