Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ch6 Q2


I have never been one to fall under peer pressure. I have a very strong feeling of who I am as a person and I know what is right and what is wrong. When I was in middle school I hung out with what some people would consider to be the wrong crowd. I never really took part in some of the acts they did such as egging, drinking, and just vandalizing basically anything that would get us to laugh. One day they told me to throw eggs at this lady that was walking with a stroller, this decision just randomly came up because they knew I didn’t like taking part in these type of acts and I wasn’t sure what to do because I knew if I didn’t do it they would just make fun of me for weeks. That is when my critical thinking skills came into play; I knew that if I did this there might be some consequences. I wanted to be a leader and show these guys that we don’t have to do these types of acts to have fun and when I stood up for myself they decided that I was not the type of person they wanted to hang out with and I lost a group of my friends. But I realized that I didn’t want to be hanging out with those type of people anyway so it wasn’t a huge loss for me.
-Mike Ross

1 comment:

  1. Mike Ross,
    I agree with your post. Peer pressure is something everyone has to go through at some point in their lives. As human beings, we have to determine what we want in life and if there are obstacles in our way, we have to push through them. Using our critical thinking skills, we can analyze and evaluate the friends who we think deserve our time and memories. As we grow older, we can tell which friends will stay with us, but also can see which friends will leave us. In the end, we are individual human beings and will make our own decisions.

    ReplyDelete